About three years ago a guy from my ward started pursuing me. I was 18 almost 19 and he was 23. Big age difference for me at the time. All of a sudden he was talking with me and flirting with me at church. Truthfully I needed someone to talk to me because I was having a hard time going to my ward. Our first date consisted of going to Denny's. This was a last minute date too, like 15 minutes and he was there. We went to Denny's and got hot chocolate. At Denny's he did not ask me the normal get to know you questions like What do you like to do for fun? or What is your favortie subject in school? It was more like What do you look for in a husband? and What is your greatest passion in life? umm hello I am 18 years old and that age I wanted a tall dark and handsome boy who holds the priesthood. Passion? I am 18, I don't know who I am yet. Second date, Take her to the temple to take a picture. Maybe he thought it could be an engagement picture. Or maybe he took me there to get revelation if I was his celestial companion. Stupidly I am falling for him at this time. Very weird and more awkward deep questions. Then the third date or hangout was going on a walk and having hot chocolate. This boy likes hot chocolate or something. The questions were the same deep questions. So awkward! Fourth date! Cuddling during a movie. We are watching some movie. Don't remember which one I wasn't paying attention. At the first of the movie I at about 5 feet away from him. Don't worry he just pulled me right over and started cuddling with me. 5 feet away. Wouldnt that say to you she doesn't want to cuddle and she is not ready. Not to him that meant she wants to cuddle. So I guess I just let him. What else are you supposed to do? He dragged me. During the movie he asks me what I am thinking about? umm by this point I have a million thoughts going through my head? do I like him? eek he is cuddling with me? this is nice cuddling? Please don't kiss me? I just tell him I am thinking about the movie. Then at the end of the movie he says can we talk? He says "Kayla, I don't think I can marry you" excuse me, who says this is going towards marriage this is only our fourth date/hang out.
There is a point to this story. I can now understand a little of what he was trying to say by he can't marry me. I think he had dated alot and knew right off the bat if someone was marriage material. I was 18 I wasn't looking for marriage. I was like I just wanna have fun. Now that I am three years older, I can understand where he is coming from. I can tell right off the bat if a guy is marriage material. Not that I am totally looking at getting married. I can just tell if he has potential or not.
This story has a ending. He had the nerve to ask me out again. He took me out for my birthday. I was mad. Needless to say it was awkward after that. I actually really liked him. The rejection hurt but I learned alot.
No comments:
Post a Comment