On Friday my friends Josh, Aaron, Scott, Jessica and I went to the bi annual conference dance. I guess there have one of these every friday of conference weekend. I had never been and neither had my friends. We didn't know what to expect. We went with the knowledge of having to pay 10 freakin dollars to get in, three dance floors, hip hop, country, and Latin. We didn't know what kind of people would be there. Needless to say there was many types of people there. Slutty girls(even though it said modest dress only), pierced earings guys, and then then the ones I perfer. Clean and modest people. Amazing how you can tell someone by how they act, dress, and look. We tried to stay away from the hip hop floor because this is where most of the questionable people came from. I am pretty there was some that were drunk over there. Of course since this was a conference dance they didn't sell alcohol. So they must have come drunk. Also on the hip hop floor most people were grinding. Eww so gross!!! I met more people on the country side they seemed like decent guys. Yay for that. Plus I love country dancing. My friend Scott ran into a friend there. He introduced me to him. He was pretty cool. We have texted since then. After the dance we met some pretty cool guys. They wanted us to come and get food with them. We told them maybe another time. It was way fun to be with friends.
On saturday night Jessica and I went shopping, made pina colada smoothies and watched Never Been Kissed. What a great movie. It was fun to just to be with Jessica and no Guys. We love our guy friends but just girls is nice too.
Conference has been amazing so far. I really liked what President Monson said. He doesn't seem to be worried about the future and the fate the of the economy. Which gives me great hope. He said we need to turn our thoughts away from the troubles of the world and turn our hearts towards the blessings that come from being members of the church. Making Jesus the center of our lives will help us pull through whatever comes our way. His talk made me think as long as we keep the commandments and have faith it doesn't matter the state of the economy now or in the future. I am so glad I am a member of the church.
As you can tell from a few posts ago I like my friend. Let me recap on him. We have been friends for over three years now. We met at a Basketball game through mutual friends. After this game we decided to go to eat at The Pie. The Pie is a popular College hangout I suppose. I don't remember much about that night besides the face that I asked my friend Jamie if he was a good kid or not. She replied and said he was a great kid. He was in his last semester at weber and it my second semester at weber. Since then we have become great friends. He was the first guy to teach me how to country dance. I have to say I have never really had feelings for him until recently. Except for once. I had a crush on him for like a day. Then it ended. It was one those 18 year old, well I guess I was 19, crushes where I think I liked alot of guys for like a day or two. Recently I was talking to my friend Jamie before I even liked him. I told her man we need to find him a girl because he is a great guy. He is 29 and not married. Nothing wrong with that. Just he's a great person and he hasn't found his wife yet. Us girls have always said Devin is a great guy but we could never date him or like him. Yeah that kinda back fired for me. Yeah I really like him and have realized even more how great he is. He has really good qualities. It dawned on me he has qualitites that I want in a husband. Not saying I am going to marry him. How did I not realize this before though? Weird? Well now I like my friend. Still don't know what to do? I want to go for it. But I am not sure how. I don't want to make our friendship werid. The end!
Any suggestions let me know!
I am off to take a nap before the next and last session!
2 comments:
Thanks for inviting me to the girls night on Saturday..
Good luck with Devio is all i can say, and yay for conference!
I know I have said this before, but I have to say it again.. I am so glad I am done with the whole dating game!! I do love hearing about your love life though ha. Hope things work out with Devin! GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment