My married blog!

I have created a blog for Ben and I to keep you updated on our lives. The blog address is benandkaylasherman.blogspot.com

Monday, March 15, 2010

Reasons I love being single!

Lately it seems like alot of people have been asking me why I am still single, not dating anyone or not married. I am frankly getting sick of it. It is actually making me kinda sensitive to where I freak out. For example my grandma told me I need to get out more and be more social. You are looking at a social butterfly. Sure I could do more. I do something every weekend unless I am working. Even then I try and make an effort to be social. I go to alot of institute activities, I go to institute class, I go to a lot of my single's wards activities, I go to other peoples ward activities, and I go to school functions. I am not sure what else I can do to be more social. I guess at these activities I could try and meet more people. Today my aunt and other Grandma asked me why I didnt have a boyfriend. I kinda freaked out. I can't just wave my magic wand and get a boyfriend. It just doesnt work like that. I go on dates. I take up any offer when someone tries to set me up. It seems like when I do go on dates either the is really into me and me not so much or the other way around. Another thing I find is that I really like alot of qualities about the guy but for some reason we are just not clicking. Last weekend I went on a date with someone really great. He is really nice, good looking, fun, works hard etc. We just didnt seem to really click. I think we could make it work if we tried. We don't have alot in common other than being in the same class. Any way sorry to go off. This has just been on my mind and it was bothering me. I have been thinking alot of reasons why I love being single. I think living in the moment in the moment and enjoying is very important. I think I forget to do that alot and get caught in not enjoying the moment. I am single right now and by golly I am going to enjoy it. I am going to list some reasons why I love being single. (You married folk dont get offended. One day I will write the reasons why I love being married). Also dont think I am being selfish. I am just simply enjoying this time in my life
1. I get my full size bed all to myself. I can sprawl out and move around any way I like
2. I can listen to whatever music I want to without having to worry about the other person getting annoyed
3. I can spend my money how I want to
4. I can buy clothes and other things when I want and without discussion. (Maybe I have discussions with that little voice in my head telling me I dont really need that new shirt)
5. My schedule revolves around me
6. I can organize my room how I like it
7. I can go and hang out with my friends when I want
8. I can watch endless hours of chick flicks
9. I can watch whatever I want on tv
10. I can go on lots of dates
11. I can hang out with my guy friends
12. I can go to the gym when I want

thats all i can think of for now. I am sure I will be adding to the list. I love being single and mingle. One day I will be grateful I am married and will enjoy that fully. But why be miserable until that day. I love life.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I love you! :) It is so important to love every minute of life, don't ever let it pass by without enjoying it. Being single is the time to learn and grow and to enjoy life! Live it up!! Being married is great, but it's all about enjoying the journey!!!
"Come what may...and LOVE IT!" -Wirthlin :) Love you girl!! Don't let anyone else get you down about being single. Enjoy every moment!

My name is Andrea said...

Kayla, enjoy this time of your life, have fun and do the things that you'll look back on and wish you had! I know how you feel...I was almost 25 when Maris and I got married, which in Mormon time is old maid. Just remember that you'll find the right person and the right time...don't push it and don't settle for someone you aren't competely in love with just because you feel it will never happen. It will, in good time. Have fun. Hang out with friends, get your degree, go on a cruise, run for student body president...you are awesome, and someday the right guy will come along and worship you, and you'll love him right back! We love you!!

BMK3 said...

Please! There is NOTHING wrong with being single! We live in Utah, so everyone just assumes its mandatory to be married by the time you are 20, its ridiculous! Enjoy life, seriously, dont worry about what others think, they can get over it! You cant do HALF the things you do now then you can when you are married anyways!