My married blog!

I have created a blog for Ben and I to keep you updated on our lives. The blog address is benandkaylasherman.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Standoff in Farmington Ended Sadly!

Monday morning I get a text from my friend Denver who said told me there was a standoff in farmington. First off I don't think I knew what a standoff was. So I got on KSL.com and read about it. I kept hearing news throughout the day. Turns out it was at a house down the street from my friend Brady's. Here's a brief synopsis of the story. This all began as a report of a family fight around 9:30 Monday morning, and it quickly escalated. The SWAT team was called in after police say that Wood fired a gun into a garbage can.
He sat in a black pickup truck outside his home, pointing a gun at police all day and refusing to surrender. They eventually sent in a robot with tear gas, but that did not work. The standoff ended about twelve hours later.
Well Kurtis and I were doing homework that night and we hadn't heard anything from Brady or the news so we decided to go over there and see if the road was still blocked off. Sure enough it was. Well we saw brady and Sam outside and decided to drop by and say high. Kurtis wanted to get closer so he walked down the street. Of course police wouldn't let him get that close. I was still worried because there was a guy with two guns and the police and swat team surrounding them. So we were just chilling with our friends and an hour later we decided we should leave and finish our homework. Right then we heard a noise. It sounded like a big bang. We all jumped. We went out side. There was about twelve of these going off in about thirty second intervals. Also we heard pepper pellets go off too. In between this we heard men yelling and almost like noises of pain. It was scary to watch. We knew something bad was going to happen. Then we heard a gun shot. We knew he was probably dead. Its so sad. We assumned he shot himselfIt didn't hit me til today. But this is stuff that goes on in Iraq and places like that all day everyday. I am so fortunate to live in a great place away from it. I mean this doesn't happen everyday. I realized the scaryness of it all and the reality of what I saw. Wo I can't believe it.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4327163
here is the link to video that best describes what I saw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave told me about that this morning. That is so sad. We really are lucky that stuff like that doesn't go on here (alot anyways...).