My married blog!

I have created a blog for Ben and I to keep you updated on our lives. The blog address is benandkaylasherman.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Little Family of 3?

Aren't we a cute little family? better question Would we make a cute family?
Devin, Me, and Ben
I am a little behind on this post. Better now than never right? A few weeks ago was my friends Jessica and Sam's Joint Birthday party/farewell party for Sam. It was a great party. I was excited because Devin was going to be there. As you can tell from previous posts I am interested in my friend. (If you didn't know that just go back and read and you will learn of this) So I was holding my married friends Herbie and Natalie's baby. I love babies. If you know me well I was the girl in church that would take people's babies and hold them. Anyway so Devin was being a goof ball and taking pictures of himself with Sam's camera. So I decided to try and jump in one of the pictures. I didn't succeed. So Devin say's. "you didn't get in it" and then he says "Here lets take a picture" and hands the camera to Sam. I totally forgot I was holding the baby and I realized it right before. I tried to hold the baby down as to not get her in the picture. But devin says "O look its a picture of our little family" So yes I have a little family now with the boy I like. He then says "I should show this to my mom, she would totally freak out and ask if I was going to marry you" A little while later I was still holding this baby and someone asks me whose baby I am holding. I joked the whole night that it was my illegimate child. But right when someone asked that time. He puts his arm around me and says "its our child" I am a girl and I analyze everything. I was thinking the first time he says that comment about our family was a joke and perhaps he didn't even think about what he was saying. But to say something again about it I don't think that was a accident.
Later we were taking more pictures. Jessica took a picture of Me, Devin and our friend Ben. Devin and Ben were standing next to each other. I was like "Hey I should be in between you two cause that doesn't look right." So I get in between them. Right before we take the picture Devin says "but she's mine"
so by this point I am very giddy. I have no idea if this kid likes me.
So here's a story for ya. At sam's mission farewell luncheon. My friends and I talk about going dancing at studio. Devin likes country dancing but not at studio. He says the girls from Salt Lake are too fake. I asked Devin if he wants to come anyway. He says he's not sure because he has his ward softball game. When we left sam's he says "well maybe I will come and miss my game" so first off he doesn't like studio and second he loves sports. Also when he did come he stayed longer than he usually does even though he has work early. Then thursday Jessica planned and invited a bunch of people to go Mini Golfing. I couldn't come until after work. I met up with them for ice cream after. It ended up being two couples. Jessica and the boy she likes and Devin. So devin was the odd wheel. So when I got there He was like "Kayla your my date" After ice cream we decided to go back to my house and watch a movie. During the movie he lays his head on my shoulder. What the heck? So saturday we hang out again and watch a movie but this time he sits with his arms folded. Nothing! So I pretty much don't get him. I now know why he's not married. There is nothing wrong with him except he gives girls mixed signals. No wonder the girls don't stick around. They probably got frustrated with him. I am just kidding. I am sure Devin just hasn't met the girl he's supposed to marry. Thats my boy drama. Sorry you had to read all this. The end.

4 comments:

Jeener Beener said...

Ok so I take it Devin doesn't read your blog? Or do you want him to read it?

Kayla Lynn Simmons said...

Nope doesn't know about my blog and nor will he ever know...and no i don't want him to read it...thats why i don't have my blog on my facebook page.

Tanya said...

I love all your stories. I'm glad I get to hear them during our play dates. It's fun. It will all be worth it in the end. Good or bad, the Lord knows what he's doing. ;)

Kenzie said...

Nice family pictures! :)